Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Meaning of Life


My friends Dave's Facebook Status: “Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming—WOW! What a ride!”

My Facebook Status: I think life is all about priorities and perspective. For me my family of 3, our health, our time together and finding our joy every day are number 1!!

Abraham Lincoln: Most people are as happy as they make their minds up to be.

Albert Camus : You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

Albert Schweitzer: Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.

C.S. Lewis: Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives.


Kin Hubbard: It's pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness. Poverty an' wealth have both failed.

Martha Washington: The greatest part of our happiness depends on our dispositions, not our circumstances.

Thomas Jefferson: The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family.

I find my most peaceful time are in the hectic, run of the mill, regular days spent with David and Lincoln.
I don't care at all about money, except where it relates to having a roof over our head, food on the table, transportation, diapers for our little one, and some to have fun with now and then.  Bills are a part of our lives and right now I am doing a great job of paying many down at a rapid rate.  However, it is not my goal to ever be rich and that's good because its probably not going to happen ;).  My goal is to contribute and provide for my family and make memories doing fun things.
I am grateful for my husband and our marriage.  We are both very aware that this season in our lives is a lot to deal with sometimes, but we have great hopes for David's career in the future with computers.  Having him be a full-time electrician and a full-time student, and of course, a full-time dad makes him incredibly busy. Although I miss him, I am totally proud of the way he is tackling things and still managing to help me.  There has never been a question, we are a team, and equal partners at that and I feel so lucky to be his wife!
I am really enjoying this time in our lives and really looking forward to the bright future David is working towards.

C.S. Lewis: God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing.

No comments: