Wednesday, May 14, 2008

David 5-14

So I am a day behind with this one. The score now stands David: 5, Chemo: 0, with 3 to go. I have to tell you how proud I am of David and how he handles most of this. It sucks, don't get me wrong, but he wants to beat this and get it over with! Yesterday was pretty much what we expected; the chemo introduced his fatigue to the nausea and together they seem to wipe him out. He slept through chemo, only waking up when I brought him lunch and then going home. He slept on and off on the couch all evening, ate a big dinner (thank goodness for leftovers!) and was in bed by 9. He has meds for nausea that also cause the sleepiness, but his doctor would rather he be sleepy than nauseous.

He is taking today off and was sleeping when I left. In between the last chemo and this one the nausea came and went daily, he was never rid of it, but it wasn't constant and he never did get sick. He is still losing hair. Every morning it usually looks like a brown cat slept on his pillow, shedding all the time. It is still not noticeable to people who do not see him on a regular basis, no bald patches or anything like that. So hopefully by this evening he'll be feeling a bit better. I will let you all know how he does the next few days.

I am doing fine. Morning sickness seems to be on the way out, I will be sure to throw it a bon voyage party!

No comments: