Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lincoln - 6 Weeks

Lincoln is doing great. He had his "two month" appointment, he is 7 weeks tomorrow. He received two shots and an oral vaccine. He weighs 11 lb. 5 oz. (50th percentile) and is 23 inches long (75th percentile). The doctor had no concerns, just commenting on his cool name, great temperament, muscle strength (thanks, David) and overall cuteness!!

He doesn't have to be seen again until he is 4 months old- and will receive more shots then. He did ok with the shots, I did give him Tylenol and had a bottle ready for him when they were done. He slept and ate a lot last night, kind of hibernating I think. David and I are doing great. We really enjoy all of our time with Lincoln. David is still working out with Lincoln all the time. He is always working with Lincoln to hold his head up and hold toys. I think David will find great relief with Lincoln will hold his bottle on his own- I however will enjoy Lincoln being my little baby boy for however long. With David's encouragement Lincoln rolled over one way on Saturday from his belly to his back. He is still smiling quite a bit.

Lincoln did start daycare with "trial" half days last Friday and yesterday. He has done very well. Today is his first whole day, so we'll see. It was very, VERY HARD for me to let him go, but we have to do it and he's going to do just fine. For now he's in an in-home daycare, and she keeps 4 other children, but he's the only infant and gets lots of attention. I think down the road we'll get him into something more structured, but we'll see.

No comments: