Tuesday, February 3, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

25 Things: Random? I dunno.
1. I believe in God and rely on His presence in the craziness of my life. I seek comfort in knowing that he is our ABBA Father and knows every step and breath we take.

2. I used to be an exaggerator. I find no use in wasting my time with that anymore. It’s either a big deal or its not. And people will either care, or they won’t.

3. I think 2007 was the last year that will ever be all about me. I married the love of my life and rode the Griffin (a roller coaster) 8 times (6 in one day)!

4. I think 2008 was the year I grew up, became an adult and decided that the responsibility for what I do and what happens to me lies only with me.

5. I hope that 2009 is a year when I can focus on my life with my son and husband and we can really enjoy each other and our friends and families.

6. I hope that the recession doesn’t dismantle my hopes for 2009.

7. I hate confrontation, but have decided that nothing is worth me taking a back seat to someone else’s happiness. I deserve to be happy too.

8. I never had goals that amounted to being anymore than someone’s mom.

9. I found out why I was born on 11-26-2008. I was always meant to be Lincoln’s mom!

10. I spent my 6 weeks of maternity leave holding my baby and watching One Tree Hill and West Wing re-runs. I told Lincoln I was lowering his IQ with OTH and upping it with WW. I love to sit at home and be a complete bum. I no longer care if anything is clean or complete- I just refuse to waste a moment with my son

11. I hardly make a decision or say anything without David’s input- What we do affects one another.

12. I can word-for-word repeat the dialog for Pretty Woman, Dirty Dancing and The Notebook. I am proud of this! What movie will be next?

13. I love to sing, but only for me, David and Lincoln now. I am hoping Lincoln likes John Mayer.

14. Last year on the John Mayer cruise I saw John Mayer in the “Borat thong”. Not something I hope to see again. I prefer John fully clothed and singing/playing guitar. (Embarrassment= deleting pictures you wish you’d never taken!)

15. I LOVE my 2004 Corolla and the only reason I will ever change is to get the 09 with volume controls in the steering wheel.

16. I love to drive long distances, including Tennessee and Massachusetts.

17. I like to listen to my music way too loud when driving long distance. This led to 3 speeding tickets in 2002 and 2003. Ooops!

18. I thought Lincoln might’ve been a girl, only because we have 5 nephews and everyone convinced me. There was no mistaking my son at our ultrasound- it was like he was sitting on a copy machine.

19. I have taken well over 1000 pictures of Lincoln in the 10 weeks he been alive but, I have yet to have any pro-pics done. 20. I have read the Harry Potter series 3 times. But didn’t see a movie in the theatre until The Prisoner of Azkaban. Now I always count down until they come out.

21. I have a blankie. It was retired in April of 2007. Until then I took it to summer camp, vacations, even a semester of college. My mom was convinced I’d walk down the aisle with it. I have since gotten it out- it’s not that same. Now I cuddle my son.

22. I sucked my thumb- I don’t remember when I stopped but it wasn’t until probably middle school. I never need braces because of it.

23. I am a Navy brat but have only lived in 6 states. 7 if you include Tennessee for a semester.

24. I loved my visit to Seattle last year and am hoping to get back this year. Go Seahawks!

25. CANCER SUCKS but never would anything have made it clearer to me that nothing is more important than making David (and now Lincoln) the #1 priorities in my life and thanking God for them every single day. David is the strongest person I have ever met and we are committed to kicking cancer’s butt if it ever decided to mess with us again. Lincoln is a lucky little boy to have a daddy who fought to get better to be there for him. I am blessed to have them both!

No comments: