Monday, November 16, 2009

3 Day Weekends

Lincoln and I have spent 2 three-day weekends together in the last month.  Neither were planned but oh, how I treasure this extra time with him.  One was due to Lincolns prolonged ear infection, virus and getting his third tooth and one due to a storm that caused alot of local flooding and power outages-at the babysitters, of course.

I have made a specific effort this year to be in the moment and loving my time with Lincoln.  Just 10 short days from his birthday and I so thankful that I have tried to soak up so many moments with him. 

While on my six week maternity leave I did nothing but dote on my little baby.  I didn't have meals prepared for David when he got home or have the house sparkling and clean.  I had a happy snuggly baby who I slept with, loved on, and became attached to obsessed with!

As Lincoln got older and still took evening naps, I would come home from work, have dinner with David and settle in on the couch, cuddling and snuggling with my boy I missed all day.

Now I don't get to hold you hardly enough.  You are busy and ready to get down and explore.  Sometimes I get to cuddle with you when I rock you to sleep at night, but most of the time you can't get comfortable and want to get into your crib.  Other times if you've fallen asleep in the car I can cuddle with you for a few moments until you wake up. In the mornings when you wake up, you are very clingy lately (not complaining- I love it) so I get good neck squeezing hugs first thing!

He doesn't use a pacifier anymore, but I need to work hard to help him transition to a sippy cup from the bottle.  He has really taken a liking to fish sticks and chicken nuggets lately and still likes pancakes, french toast, broccoli, green beans, peaches, pears... he is a great eater!

Today I am missing Lincoln and wondering if he misses me too. I treasure my 3 day weekends and extra time with him and miss him so much when they come to an end!  I wonder if his little heart wonders where I am. He is so fun these days; he is becoming independent, mobile, jabbers and laughs alot!  I love you my Lincoln and I love your hugs and kisses and seeing you hug and kiss your daddy too!  We love you so much!

No comments: