Thursday, September 10, 2009

bReaKdoWn Thursdays

I always had a theory when I used to babysit about Thursdays.  Kids are tired, its been a busy week; parents lack all patience to simply get thier kids through the night.

Welcome to my breakdown Thursdays.

This sucks.

Work was fine.  Had to stay just a few minutes late for a meeting.  Caught in horrible traffic due to rain.  Virginians suck at driving (that is a whole new post that I'll have to write soon).  Just some drizzle and we can only go 5-15 MPH. It's so freakin' frusterating!

I only see David for about 5 minutes between when I walk in the door and he walks out.

Lincoln was so freakin' grumpy tonight!  I had to say 'no' alot.  He is insistent on getting into trouble, trying to eat David's work boots , playing with a lamp that he has almost pulled down on his little head before, yikes!, and generally get into everything.

He went to bed 10 minutes earlier than usual.  That was an hour ago.  He is awake and I am listening to him cry in his crib.  I am not a fan of this situation we find ourselves in.  I dispise spending the barely 2 hours I had with him tonight frusterated, constantly saying 'no' and moving him away from things.  I know I am doing what is best for him. 

He's not crying now.  I love him more that I care about anything else.  I care about every aspect of his day. I breath for the moment I walk in the door at home and he begins to laugh.  I was born to tell him he's loved and give him kissed and be kissed back.  Sometimes rather than kissing my mouth he will kiss bite, my nose. I love that!  I love his hugs, his smile, his giggle, his frustated cry, his tears that I can kiss and wipe away.

I miss my husband.  I miss Lincoln when he is at daycare.  We work all day long, I miss them both all day long!

Thursdays are bearable because Fridays will follow.  I love my husband.  i love my son.  I love who they have helped me become.  I am me, a wife and mother because of them!

No comments: