Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Milestones

Lincoln seems to be crashing through a milestone a minute lately.

You are of course walking, running, now climbing, sliding, talking and repeating, dancing...

You have never needed a security object.  You aren't yet attached to a blanket or stuffed animal. 

You gave up the pacifier, un-prompted, at 9 months.  Just stopped taking it and wanted nothing to do with it.

It took a long time for us to get you interested in a sippy cup.

At 17 months old, you still have a morning, nap and bedtime bottle.
This weekend we are going to try to stop the morning bottle, trading it for a cup- we'll see.
You like your bottle and its the first thing you ask for in the morning after Dada.

You are still a baby, and most certainly MY BABY.  I am completely ok with still cuddling up and giving you a bottle.  I am completely ok with having you sit still for a moment so I can cuddle you, smooth your hair, rub your head, touch your sweet face. 

While there are still many milestones that will be accomplished, and we are joyous and proud at each one, I cherish each day I can love you as my little baby boy who fits perfectly in my arms and upon my lap and overflows the confines of my heart.  I love you sweet boy!

No comments: