Thursday, February 18, 2010

Making Goals... Being Held Accountable

There are some habits that I want to start and to hold myself to.

1. Work out.  I have Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and I have time to do it after Lincoln goes to bed.
2. Declutter the House.  Including table surfaces, closets and drawers.
3. Clean. Implement and Stick to a House Cleaning Routine.
    Daily - Make beds, Do Dishes,
    Monday- Clean Bathrooms
    Tuesday- Maintain Laudry (Fold and PUT AWAY!)
    Wednesday - Clean out Refrigerator, Trash
    Thursday - Clean Kitchen
    Friday -
    Weekends- Dust, Sweep, Mop, Vacuum, Laundry (Put away Linc's Laundry)
4. Take better care of myself.  Drink Water, Use Chapstick, Apply lotion ( I get heat rash on my arms every winter), Last. Dentist? Yuck.

Tips: I have seen that some mom's lay out their kids clothes for every day at the beginning of the week.  This would really help me with the morning scramble, so I will begin this on Monday, Feb. 22.



Longer-Term Goals:  
Plant small garden, especially basil for pesto- oh, how I love pesto, YUM!
Play outside with Linc this summer. I am an indoor girl, but I need to commit to this. Go to the pool, playground, walks...
Give hand/home made gifts for Christmas. Strawberry jelly, Pesto, homemade ornaments, art by Lincoln, etc. Only buying for children this year to minimize costs and stress.  Christmas can be a very wonderful time or stressful time and I am making the decision early to try to focus on Christ as the center for Christmas and my little brother, nephews, niece and Lincoln having a happy Christmas.  You know, if they're having a marry Christmas we will too : )

1 comment:

Emma said...

I love how you said fold and PUT AWAY laundry... putting it away is my stuggle too! He have a towering pile of laundry (just ours- gavs is put away)that is folded, and still waiting to be put away... maybe tonight....