Monday, February 15, 2010

Not cut out for this.

Lincoln is teething... or sick... or teething

David had some side work to do yesterday.  Oh yes y'all!  We're re true romantics over here.  I was at home covered in snot and tears and David was working, boots covered in mud, and frusterated he couldn't figure something out.  All is well, he took care of the issue and only has a couple more things to do and he will be done with side work for a while.  We totally appreciate the opprotunity, although it has been hard to have a grateful heart sometimes.  We knew for a long time that this job would come along for David, but never thought he would also be in night school, 4 nights a week, working towards a bachelors degrees when it came time.  It isn't easy to be grateful all the time, but I think we've done a good job.  We are very excited for the people David is doing the work for and think they will enjoy their home when it is complete.  It is a big opprotunity for David to wire a house and has been a learning experience for sure, and I am very, VERY proud of him!

We are united in making sure that we don't take our family time for granted.  It has been our plan since David began night school and this is just one more reminder of how precious our weekends are.

Lincoln is a bit of a mess today, and well, yesterday too.  I think he is cutting two top teeth.  His nose is running like a faucet, and he is coughing this evening too, he has been very clingy and sensitive.  He was given meds for pain relief when he seemed to need them.  Just so you don't think he's too sick, he managed to tear apart the living room, all his toys, and all of my DVDs no less than 4 times today.  He has been busy.  No less thirsty, but eating about half what he does normally.

I am not cut out for 2 days at home alone with a teething/sick toddler by myself.  I love Lincoln- I told him constantly today- I held him when he'd let me, wiped his nose and tears : (  He was mad- that's where I become confused and feel inadequet.  Sometimes he didn't want to be held or comforted.  Just wanted to let out how mad he was and maybe even that he hurt.  It is so hard to not be able to comfort him and have him talk and tell me what I can do.  He did not nap well yesterday and today.  My neighbor had someone over who left two pitbulls in their turck for two hours and the barking woke and kept Lincoln up - I was pretty pissed- I knew he needed sleep.  He was in bed at 7:20 tonight. 

I hope he feels better tomorrow.  I hope David is around to be my partner in crime next time; I am so grateful that we are a team!  Today was a long day, and while we had moments of laughing, cuddling, and learning new words (like,  Gotcha) it is more fun if I know he doesn't hurt/feel like crap.

Warning: This is an honest blog.  If you don't like it, are offended by it or feel the need to say anything snotty you can leave.  Just go on ahead and click that little X in the top, right of your computer and don't look back.

If you can relate and understand, please keep on coming back! :)

1 comment:

Shay Bocks said...

hang in there girl! teething is rough, but it will be over with soon. ronnie's never been one to let me hold him for any significant amount of time, so I completely understand. keep in mind, though, that its just his preference and has nothing to do you. hope things get better soon.